Akpik Theatre and Theatre Prospero are holding auditions for our multi-phase co-production of Reneltta Arluk’s Pawâkan Macbeth, a Cree adaptation of Macbeth.
Dates of Audition:
- Vancouver: Tuesday May 23 10 a.m. to 7:30 p.m., at Carousel Theatre for Young People, 1411 Cartwright Street (Studio B), Vancouver, BC
- Toronto: Tuesday May 30 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. in Aki Studio, Native Earth 250-585 Dundas Street East. Possible further auditions May 31.
This engagement will be under an Equity agreement.
Cree speakers, and actors intimate with Cree Culture and history are particularly encouraged to audition.
Auditionees are encouraged to prepare any type of monologue drawn from the classical or indigenous repetoire.
Please prepare to show other skills that you feel would benefit your audition as an example you can demonstrate a special skill such as singing or dancing.
Auditionees will be provided with sides from the script to prepare as well.
- Please submit a photograph and a resumé to email@example.com to arrange for an audition time.
- Please put in the subject heading of your email: Attention Pawâkan MacBeth Auditions
- Please also specify which city you would like your audition to be in.
Equity members will be seen first at all open audition calls. Equity members cast in this production will be engaged under an Equity form of contract. CAEA members: please bring your membership card to the audition.
Rehearsal: 10 October 2017 – 9 November 2017
Performance: 10-26 November 2017