Akpik Theatre and Theatre Prospero are holding auditions for their multi-phase co-production of Reneltta Arluk’s Pawâkan Macbeth, a Plains Cree adaptation of Macbeth.
Dates of In Person Auditions:
- Edmonton: Friday 23 June 2017 10am – 6pm, Alberta Avenue Community League, 9210 118th Avenue
- Winnipeg: Sunday 25 June 2017 10am – 6pm at, Royal Manitoba Theatre Centre (John Hirsch Rehearsal Hall), 174 Market Avenue
- Calgary: (to be announced shortly)
We are also accepting Video Submissions until June 25th. We encourage Indigenous actors outside of the in-person audition cities to submit their headshot, resume and a video to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Auditionees are encouraged to prepare monologues drawn from the classical or Indigenous repertoire.
Please prepare to show other skills that would strengthen your audition such as singing and/or physical movement of dance or stage combat.
Cree speaking actors and actors intimate with Cree Culture and history will be given stronger consideration.
Auditionees will also be provided with sides from the script to prepare.
- Please submit a photograph and a resumé to email@example.com arrange for an audition time.
- Please put in the subject heading of your email: Attention Pawâkan MacBeth Auditions
- Please specify which city you would like your audition to be in, or
Equity members will be seen first at all open audition calls. Equity members cast in this production will be engaged under an Equity form of contract. CAEA members: please bring your membership card to the audition.
Rehearsal: 10 October 2017 – 9 November 2017
Performance: 10-24 November 2017 (The performances will be in Edmonton and Frog Lake)